Friday, May 8, 2009

Hindu Vs. Muslim, or Hindu and Muslim?

It has been a long time after my last post. I have been watching a couple of old movies, Bombay, 1995 and Black and White, 2008 this week. After that, I had a chat with one of my elderly friend in the family, discussing the issue of Hindu vs. Muslims. It all started with two of my best friends, a girl and a boy, who are in love with each other and are forced to be apart just for the sake of religion.

The discussion started when I asked, what's the problem in a Hindu, Brahmin girl getting married to a Muslim boy? Why is it always meant to be a disastrous phenomenon for both the families? Then, I answered myself, when myself as a Brahmin is forbidden to marry a lower caste girl in Hindu religion, then it's an issue of inter-religious marriage ceremony. Although, some open minded and educated families do accept such relationships, as it used to be said; these days all the families act open-minded and are highly educated but offend the inter-religious affairs.

The next question asked to me was, how would they adjust with each of their religious views, rituals, traditions, etc.? I feel that if we have a positive attitude throughout our lives, we can enjoy both the religions, experience and understand the beliefs and respect both the religions. I love being a Brahmin and Hinduism, but there's always been a hidden enthusiasm of visiting a mosque. I am not expressing it because I have raised this issue, but it's true! Many, might have this feeling.

Later, why did the girl chose a Muslim person to love? Are all the Brahmins in this world dead? Was asked. How can someone decide whom to love? I said. Some people do try it, but it's usually known as infatuation. Loving someone on their looks and style is kind of a contract of one year, as science has proven that infatuation lasts no more than a year, its due to some 'chemical locha'. In the case of my friends, they haven't actually had an affair, she's saying no and he's not empowering him on her, but both of them know they're made for each other. If it was an infatuation, it wouldn't last for 4 years.

I do not agree with the character of that girl, was told to me! I was outraged by that supposition. Is she bad because she cared for her parents? Is it because she didn't want to go against her parents' wishes? Or, is it because she didn't flirt with him, in spite of the uncertainty of their relationship? The other things, like wearing a short skirt, exposing outfits or huge makeup, were also not applicable to her. So, in which angle should the girl be perceived as bad?

I am with them no matter what. It's the problem of love and not religion. According to me, these are never ending questions. Although, in Hinduism and Islam, the first man and woman were different in their respective religion, practically speaking, I am thankful that this belief system emerged far later after the first man and woman, or else human race won't exist.

1 comment:

  1. :) nice thoughts bro, some questions r always remain unanswered or u may say we dnt want them to exposed.but i agree wth ur thought of positive thinking.at the same time i believe in fight and rebelism. because, whn u rnt getting something after all 'sidhi ungali' ways, jst show thm middle one and snatch it.

    ReplyDelete